Guide to the best hotels Puerto de la Cruz has to offer for every budget or type of traveler, including 5-star and family-friendly options
Puerto de la Cruz has been a popular tourist destination in Tenerife for a long time with its unique landscape and stunning beaches.
So if you’re wondering where to stay in Tenerife, look no further than the amazing hotels in Puerto de la Cruz.
If you want somewhere unique to stay in Tenerife, Puerto de la Cruz hotels will offer just that.
And Puerto de la Cruz itself is also an underrated city in Tenerife with lots of things to see and do.
This post provides all the best hotels Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, has to offer for any budget or travel style.
I have arranged the list of Puerto de la Cruz hotels into three categories below.
First, we have the budget options, then we list mid-range Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife hotels so you can balance budget and luxury.
Finally, there are top-of-the-range luxury hotels and Puerto de la Cruz all-inclusive hotels.
Thanks to affiliate links, I pay my bills. If you make a purchase through them, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions are always mine. Merci!
Overview: Top 5 Puerto de la Cruz Hotels
- Best Hotel with Spa: Hotel Botanico y Oriental Spa Garden *****
- Best Pool Facilities: Alua Tenerife ****
- Best Location: Hotel Sun Holidays *
- Best Buffet: Hotel Puerto Palace ****
- Lovely Views: Hotel Tigaiga ****
Best Budget Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Budget hotels are a great way to stay in Puerto de la Cruz and enjoy some of Tenerife’s best beaches.
There are many things to do in North Tenerife, and saving money on your hotel means you can spend more on activities.
Lots of the options we give are also some of the best all-inclusive hotels Puerto de la Cruz offers, which will save you money on drinks and food.
Discover the best hotels in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, for travelers on a budget below.
- Located just 350 m for Jardin Beach
- Fantastic leisure options include table tennis, a pool, and a sauna
- A reception desk staffed by knowledgeable locals 24 hours a day
- All rooms have a private terrace.
For those on a budget, Hotel Don Manolito is one of the best cheap hotels in Puerto de la Cruz.
However, this hotel doesn’t skimp on comforts and goes to show you can experience luxury amenities without paying for an expensive hotel.
You can go here to enjoy some of the best ocean and city views in Puerto de la Cruz.
After a long day’s adventuring, you can relax at the hotel’s bar or get as much food as you want at the hotel’s buffet.
Finally, this hotel has a well-equipped fitness center, so you can keep your workout routine going as usual, even while you are on holiday.
- The dedicated airport shuttle reduces travel stress
- Communal green spaces connect you with Puerto de la Cruz’s botanical heritage
- All rooms come with a private terrace
- The reception desks have connections with local tours and car hire
Apartamentos La Carabela is one of our favorite hotels Puerto de la Cruz has to offer because it makes your travel experience easy.
They have a dedicated airport shuttle, so you don’t have to stress about finding your way into the city after you land.
They can also help you to use your time in Puerto de la Cruz well because they can connect you with local tour operators.
This could be the easiest way for you to organize Mount Teide trips, or other nearby attractions.
The Apartamentos La Carabela are also 1km from the beach, which is easily walkable for most travelers.
- A stunning sea view
- Family rooms are available
- Located in the vibrant center of Puerto de la Cruz
- Equipped with a sunbathing area
If you want to stay in for the evening, you can make your own food as each room has a private kitchenette with an electric hob, or enjoy dinner in the hotel restaurant.
Meanwhile, its central location makes it perfect for exploring Tenerife’s cuisine.
You can also find plenty of fun things to do in Tenerife with kids nearby or within a short drive.
- Close to attractions that are perfect for the family
- Each family room comes with a kitchen and balcony
- Equipped with a large swimming pool
- Dedicated airport shuttle
Apartamentos Pez Azul is another of the hotels Puerto de la Cruz has to offer which is great for families on a budget.
It is located in a safe and quiet area of Puerto de la Cruz which is perfect for families.
Kids will love the swimming pool and visiting the nearby Lagos de Martianez lakes and Botanic Gardens.
Like all great Puerto de la Cruz hotels, Apartamentos Pez Azul is also close to the sea.
It is under 900 meters from some of the most wonderful beaches in Tenerife!
- Three hundred meters from the beach
- Each room has a coffee machine
- A 5-minute walk from the center of town
Just because you’re staying in a budget hotel, shouldn’t mean that you are making sacrifices in terms of location.
And Hotel Sun Holidays is one of the best hotels in Puerto de la Cruz because it proves this fact.
This wonderful Puerto de la Cruz hotel sits on a pedestrianized street within the city’s charming old town.
This means that Hotel Sun Holidays is a short walk from both the beach and the city center.
Hotel Sun Holidays is the perfect base for you to explore the delights of Puerto de la Cruz without breaking the bank.
Best Mid-Range Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Budget hotels are great for making holidays in Tenerife accessible for more people.
However, many travelers prefer to opt for the mid-range hotels Puerto de la Cruz offers and the range of additional luxuries that come with spending a little more.
These hotels are perfect for couples looking to enjoy a romantic getaway.
- Three pools to choose from including one dedicated to children
- Entertaining bar with live music
- A range of activities to enjoy with your partner
- Luxury, well-equipped rooms
One great Puerto de la Cruz hotel for mid-range travelers is Hotel Puerto Palace as there aren’t many hotels better equipped with this.
The Hotel Puerto Palace has a range of entertainment options available for both families and couples.
On the premises, guests can enjoy mini-golf, table tennis, and volleyball free of charge.
You can also use their fitness center and tennis court for a small additional charge.
At night, the bar is a great place to relax and meet fellow travelers while listening to live music.
- Heated saltwater swimming pool
- All rooms have a safe and electronic security lock
- Rooftop terrace with views of the sea and Mount Teide
This hotel combines comfortable safety with entertainment and access to some of the most amazing things to do in Tenerife.
All rooms at Hotel AF Valle Orotava offer unrivaled protection with automatic locking systems.
Meanwhile, the view of Mount Teide from the rooftop terrace might inspire you to take on one of the most challenging hikes in Tenerife.
If you are looking for a more relaxed holiday, the Hotel AF Valle Orotava is a short walk from the beach.
- Genius discount available via Booking.com
- There is a sub-tropical garden on site and the botanical gardens are just 350 meters away
- Nearby bus station to explore further
Because this hotel is located right next to a bus station, you can easily take day trips all over Tenerife and enjoy the best outdoor activities in Tenerife.
The hotel has its own subtropical garden that should inspire you to visit the city’s incredible botanical garden (located just 250 meters away)
All rooms at Apartamentos Masaru come with private balcony, living-dining area and a kitchenette.
- Spacious rooms with a seating area to relax in
- A short walk from the center of Puerto de la Cruz
- Pool with a stunning view of Mount Teide
Tenerife Ving is a spacious and relaxed hotel, making it ideal for Puerto de la Cruz accommodation for many mid-range travelers.
Each room has space to relax in, and a large pool offers great views of Mount Teide on the horizon.
There is a tasty restaurant on site that specializes in Spanish cuisine, and you can even get a buffet breakfast here to start your day.
- Large pool with plenty of sun loungers
- A stone’s throw from the sea
- Additional spa facilities are available for an extra charge
Being a mid-range traveler doesn’t mean that spa hotels in Tenerife are out of reach.
Alua Tenerife has an indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub available to all guests for a small extra charge.
Every room is also airconditioned, so you can stay relaxed if you go in the hot summer months.
If you love golf, this hotel is also perfect as it provides guests with a free pitch and putt golf course.
Best Luxury Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
There are also a few luxury 4 and 5-star hotels in Puerto de la Cruz.
These hotels are perfect for travelers who want to treat themselves to everything the island offers.
Use these hotels to make a truly magical honeymoon or an unforgettable anniversary.
Naturally, these hotels come at a higher price than the previous ones mentioned in this article, but they are undeniably the best hotels Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife have to offerl
- Adults only
- Next door to Playa Jardín beach
- A range of activities available
- Two restaurants that offer different cuisines
- Large rooms with a separate bedroom and lounge
- Dedicated airport shuttle
The first of our luxury hotels Puerto de la Cruz has on offer is AluaSoul Orotava Valley.
This is one of many hotels in Puerto de la Cruz that are part of a trusted chain and has been part of AluaSoul Dreams Resorts & Spa since 2009.
This is an adults-only hotel that guarantees a tranquil experience, which is perfect for those looking to relax and unwind.
Fortunately, it is very easy to get to because of the dedicated airport shuttle.
Plenty of outdoor activities are available, making this hotel ideal for a Christmas in Tenerife when the island cools down to a comfortable temperature.
You can hire bikes from the hotel for a romantic exploration of the city or stay on-site at the tennis court or golf practice range.
If you decide to go in the summer, Alua Soul Orotava Valley has a large outdoor swimming pool to relax in with views of the sea and Mount Teide.
In the evening, there are two restaurants to choose from: The first is a buffet restaurant that can fit all tastes, or, if you feel more adventurous, you can try the tasty Argentinian Grill!
- Free parking spaces are available for all guests
- Affiliated with the trusted brand Meliá
- Bathrooms with hydromassage baths
- A mini club is available for children 4 to 12 years old
- Free shuttle into the center of Puerto de la Cruz
Hotel Las Águilas Tenerife is not only for couples that like to treat themselves to a luxury holiday, but families too.
This Meliá affiliated option is a paradise for children and adults among the luxury hotels in Puerto de la Cruz.
Younger guests can enjoy an entertaining mini-club with a kids’ pool and giant chess.
Safe in the knowledge that their kids are having fun, the adults are free to take a shuttle into town and enjoy the delights of Puerto de la Cruz.
The Hotel Las Águilas Tenerife also arranges family entertainment in the evenings.
The rooms are exceptionally well equipped, and all have separate lounges and bedrooms and are stylishly decorated with cozy colors.
The bathrooms at Hotel Las Águilas Tenerife have hydromassage baths to provide you with the ultimate luxury.
Each room also has a large balcony or terrace overlooking the three swimming pools: a kids’ pool, a heated pool, and an unheated pool.
- Set on a cliff that looks over the Atlantic Ocean
- Two swimming pools amongst sub-tropical gardens
- Poolside bar and Mediterranean cuisine available
- All the amenities for a luxury spa experience
Semiramis Hotel Puerto de la Cruz has the most stunning location of all the hotels in Puerto de la Cruz that we have chosen.
It is located on top of a cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, meaning this hotel can offer you one of the best views in Tenerife.
The Hotel Best Semiramis also positions well amongst the spa hotels in Tenerife, with a dedicated wellness center available for all guests.
You can access a hot tub, sauna, gym, and massage treatments.
This hotel also has fantastic food options with Mediterranean and international restaurants.
Both have buffet and à la carte options to choose from, giving guests the most choice possible.
If you want to explore Puerto de la Cruz, this is one of the best-located luxury hotels in Puerto de la Cruz, as it is just 10 minutes from the town center.
If you have hired a car to explore more of Tenerife, this hotel helps remove the stress of looking after a hire car by offering all guests free and secure parking.
- n unrivaled 3,500 m2 spa
- Four restaurants to choose from
- Stunning sea view
- Pets are welcome
Our next luxury hotel is Hotel Botanico in Puerto de la Cruz.
There are scores of Puerto de la Cruz hotels, but there are only a handful of Puerto de la Cruz 5-star hotels.
And Hotel Botanico is considered to be one of the best – and for good reason.
Not only is it a beautiful 5-star hotel, but the hotel offers endless variety without sacrificing quality.
There are three outdoor pools to choose from, set in the trees and plants of their expansive botanical gardens.
The spa is enormous at 3,500 m2, with an indoor pool, Japanese sauna, and warm Turkish baths.
You can also choose from a range of massages and aromatherapy treatments – and all of this is free and available for all guests over 16.
This Puerto de la Cruz hotel is also a paradise for foodies as there are four restaurants to choose from, providing a range of dishes from Asian, Spanish, and Italian dishes.
The most popular is the La Palmera restaurant which has outdoor dining amongst the gardens.
Additionally, it has a cocktail bar where expert barkeepers can make whatever drink you need after a long day exploring the city.
Finally, the Hotel Botanico boasts an excellent location with a sea view, and the beach and town center is easily accessible.
- The dedicated tour desk makes exploring the island easy
- Each room has a private balcony with sea or mountain views
- Located in a quiet and safe area
- Enjoy a game of table tennis, or relax in the hotel’s spa
Hotel Tigaiga Puerto de la Cruz is a couple’s tropical paradise that is rated four stars.
It is located in a quiet, peaceful, and romantic neighborhood of the town but is still a short walk from Jardín Beach, with Martinez Lake also within walking distance.
Guests can use the hotel’s dedicated tour desk to explore the rest of the island.
You can book places on tours to attractions such as Mount Teide, and Hotel Tigaiga can arrange car rentals if you want to go further afield.
Hotel Tigaiga Puerto de la Cruz Tenerife is also a wonderful place to spend your holiday.
In a botanical garden with scores of palm trees, you can find a sauna and a spa where you can get massage treatments.
If you want to play some games with your partner, there is a table tennis table at Hotel Tigaiga which is free to use.
Short FAQ About Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife
What are the best hotels in Puerto de la Cruz for families?
What are the best hotels on the beach in Puerto de la Cruz?
Many Puerto de la Cruz hotels are a short walk away from the beach. But one of the best ones ON the beach is AluaSoul Orotava Valley.
Are there any adult-only hotels in Puerto de la Cruz?
Yes, AluaSoul Orotava Valley is an adults-only hotel. Adults are considered to be anyone over 16 years of age.
Before You Go: Top Tips for your Trip
- You’ll snap tons of photos and I love to take my GoPro in order to shoot even in extreme situations.
- Make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes and hiking sandals when traveling to warm countries. Consider trying some of these eco-friendly vegan hiking boots.
- Sunscreen is key! I always take with me my eco-friendly sunscreen by Thinksport.
- I always carry a light rain jacket, just in case. Pack smart with these organic cotton clothing companies.
- Be environmentally friendly and get one of these awesome backpacks made from recycled materials.
- Get in the mindset with these amazing wilderness survival books.
- Travel insurance is essential! If you haven’t already obtained travel insurance for your trip, travel is protected against all odds with HeyMondo.
Hola! I am Paulina, a fervent travelette who crossed the Atlantic Ocean by Boat HitchHiking. On my blog, you’ll find all the tips to make the most of your holiday. Get ready to enjoy outdoor and sustainable travel like hiking, cycling or sailing. Let’s hit the road together!