An accommodation guide with the best places to stay near Dead Sea, Jordan
Are you looking for an exciting destination to recharge and relax?
Look no further than the Jordan’s Dead Sea! With its legendary bathing sites, striking cliffs, exceptional restaurants, and luxurious hotels & resorts along the shoreline, it’s no surprise that many travelers come here in search of a rejuvenating vacation.
Whether you are planning a romantic getaway or a family trip, finding the right accommodations is key.
In this post, I’ll provide our top picks for some of the best Dead Sea hotels & resorts in Jordan so you can plan your ultimate stay at one of these remarkable spots!
Psst…!! You can’t get enough of the Dead Sea and Jordan? Have a look at my other posts:
- Best things to do at Dead Sea, Jordan
- Where to stay in Jordan [Best hotels and best areas]
- Epic 10-Day Itinerary for Jordan
- Best things to do in Wadi Rum
This blog is supported by you, dear reader. If you purchase through a link, I earn a small commission. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Practical Information for travel to Jordan
✈ Book cheap flights to Jordan with Skyscanner
$ I withdraw money without hidden fees and avoid exchange rates with Wise (you’ll get a free card on top)
⚘ Get a travel guide in order to prepare your trip. I recommend the Lonely Planet Guide – Jordan
Where to stay near the Dead Sea: the best Hotels and Resorts
- Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
- Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
- Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa
- Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa
All the resorts and spa hotels stretch along the coast of the Dead Sea up to Sowayma village. It is small but every year, it accommodates thousands of visitors.
In this list, I am going to give you detailed information about 4-star and 5-star Dead Sea hotels in Jordan.
If you are looking for spa treatments at the Dead Sea, they are only offered within the resorts. Some resorts offer special day passes for using their spa.
I highly recommend spending at least 3 nights at the Dead Sea, Jordan in order to enjoy the relaxing effects of the Dead Sea spa treatments.
Best 4-Star Hotels in the Dead Sea, Jordan
Whether you are coming here for a spa holiday trip or a meeting business partner, the Ramada Resort Dead Sea **** is the right place to stay. It provides one of the best 4-star accommodations in the Dead Sea, Jordan.
The biggest advantage of staying here is to enjoy Ramada Resort Dead Sea ****’s very own private sandy beach.
It’s one of the largest in the area. It also features 2 swimming pools. One of them is heated for winter sun travelers. You can have fun at the different food outlets, enjoy a relaxing day at the spa and gym, and much more.
Each air-conditioned room comes with a private balcony.
Stand in the balcony to take a look at the breathtaking view of the Dead Sea. All the suites of the Ramada Resort Dead Sea **** have a pool or sea view.
Each room will have a 32’’ flat-screen TV, a hairdryer, a working desk, a minibar, and much more.
It will take you 40 minutes from Amman to reach the Ramada Resort Dead Sea ****.
For people traveling by their own car, parking is free, and the Queen Alia International Airport is just 60 minutes’ driveway. Ramada Resort Dead Sea **** can arrange transportation upon request.
Book here your stay and read reviews about the Ramada Resort Dead Sea ****
It comes with its own spa and outdoor pools. If you go to the terrace, you will see the entire Dead Sea.
You can expect free WIFI, spa facilities, a gym, a Dead Sea medical center, and a natural solarium, all under one roof.
Not just this; the Dead Sea Spa Hotel **** is famous for its rheumatologic and dermatological treatments.
You can enjoy a gentle body massage, ultrasound therapy, a microwave therapy, mud packs, hydrotherapy, and much more!
This hotel has an indoor pool for guests, but it is not just any random pool.
It is a multipurpose pool that is good for your skin and treats health problems.
The best part about this hotel is that it is located right on the shores of the Dead Sea!
From the hotel to the Queen Alia International Airport, it will take you around 60 minutes, and it is 45 minutes away from Amman by road.
Book here your stay and read reviews about the Dead Sea Spa Hotel ****
Best 5-Star Hotels in the Dead Sea, Jordan
If you want to stay in a luxurious 5-star hotel in Jordan, I invite you to have a look at the Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa *****.
This hotel boasts a beautiful outdoor pool and superb restaurants. To all the fitness lovers, you will love their gym for sure.
The rooms of the Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa ***** are particularly spacious and come with a minibar, a flat-screen TV and local amenities.
To try some of their delicious food, don’t miss to have an exceptional dining experience at the restaurant of the Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa *****.
The à la carte menu has the best local delicacies and is simply to die for. For breakfast, lunch and dinner, enjoy their buffet. Don’t miss their private bar to try their lip-smacking cocktails as well.
The outdoor pool and gym are for everyone staying in the hotel. For a more relaxed stay, visit their exceptional spa and wellness center. You cannot miss their private beach area either!
From the Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa ***** to Mount Nebo, it will take you 25 minutes to reach. Within 45 minutes, you will reach the Queen Alia International Airport.
Book here your stay and read reviews for the Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa *****
One of the most coveted hotels in the Dead Sea area is the Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa *****.
It is a shining example of a luxurious hotel that lies right on the shores of the Dead Sea. The rugged mountain in the backdrop makes this hotel a must-pick for all visitors who are looking for a luxurious hotel staying experience.
This 5-star hotel comes with several pools (including freshwater and saltwater pools), saunas, and whirlpools.
Each room has air-conditioning and a beautiful balcony. Some of the rooms have a Dead Sea view as well.
The beds of each room are incredibly comfy and have a luxurious comforter and feather-light pillows.
The Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa ***** also has a spa that offers different kinds of health and beauty treatments that will rejuvenate you. You can relax in the therapy baths and lap pool as well.
For food, the Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa ***** has 2 restaurants serving international cuisine.
The food here is delicious. The Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa ***** offers an excellent choice of bars as well You can choose from the Oasis Lounge offering water pipes and the Champions Sports Bar.
Madaba, which is famous for its ancient mosaic is only 35 km away. The Queen Alia International Airport is 1 hour away.
Book here your stay and read reviews about the Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa *****
The Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea ***** is a 5-star resort paradise.
You’ll enjoy a panoramic view of the Dead Sea from your hotel room’s balcony. The Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea**** boasts a luxurious setting and a private access to the Dead Sea Northern shore.
All the rooms of the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea ***** are decorated with taste and have air conditioning and a satellite TV.
Each room is facing either the sea, the garden or the pool. This resort has many swimming pools and a private beach to enjoy.
The resort takes exceptional care of children as well and offers a kid’s club for your little ones to have fun.
A highlight of the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea ***** is without any doubt the onsite spa named ZARA.
Here, their amazing staff will take care of all your stress so that you´ll get to relax and enjoy a pleasant and soothing massage. ZARA hosts tropical scent showers, a steam room, and professional massages.
The restaurants at the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea ***** offer a buffet and à la carte dining.
The Queen Alia International Airport is a 1-hour drive away from the hotel.
Book here your stay and read reviews about the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea *****
If you are looking for the ultimate luxury experience at the Dead Sea, Jordan, the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea ***** is definitely the place to spend your holidays in Jordan.
This 5-star hotel comes with all the facilities that you can imagine. A fabulous infinity pool, a private beach and an excellent spa offering skin sea mud face packs and different sea salt treatments.
The food served at the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea ***** is some of the best in the area.
It’s up to you whether you opt for some finger-licking good homemade pasta, chocolate desserts or impressive Thai dishes. The watermelon granita here is to die for.
You can try their whisky and the Babylonian-inspired cocktail bar. You won’t want to leave the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea ***** .
This property is quite famous among people who want nothing else but a 5-star treatment and to spend unforgettable holidays.
The rooms offer splendid views over the Dead Sea or the pool area. There are not less than 9 freshwater pools, several spas with traditional Thai massage and Dead Sea treatments, and a fully equipped gym.
You can even ask for a personal trainer or enjoy a day at the yoga and meditation class.
The Queen Alia International airport is 70 km away from the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea *****.
Book here your stay and read reviews about the Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea *****
This resort is a particularly good choice if you want luxurious holidays but with a laid-back touch.
The beds at the Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa ***** are all king-size. For an even better experience, ask for a room with a large terrace to take a look at the Dead Sea right from the hotel.
The food here is particularly delicious. You get to enjoy 7 dining venues offering Jordanian and international food.
There is the “Spectrum” which is an all-day dining restaurant, the poolside Italian restaurant “Bacchus”, the lobby lounge “Vue“, the beach bar, the pool bar “Infinity“, and they also have the “Sky Bar“.
After sunset, the entire venue comes into action with different cocktails, and the chill-out beats of the resident DJ.
In order to buy the best Dead Sea products in Jordan, have a look at the hotel’s gift shop. The Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa ***** takes customer service very seriously and the staff at the Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa ***** is very warm-hearted.
The Queen Alia International Airport is about 65 km away and Amman is 45 km away.
Book here your stay and read reviews about the Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa *****
If you are looking for excellent service, top luxurious spa treatments, and an extensive pool area, the Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea ***** is one of the best choices you can make.
First, there is a breathtaking private beach area followed by beautiful rooms with a flat-screen TV and free internet in each room, a lush green garden, and an outdoor pool with sun loungers surrounding the pool.
If you are fancying to relax, you should have a look at the sauna and the hot tub as well.
The spa treatments at the Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea ***** are simply exceptional. You can’t skip their private beach area.
For food and drinks, you can choose from 3 restaurants. The Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea ***** boasts, a dining restaurant, a beach bar, and a steak house.
Book here your stay and read reviews about the Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea *****
This is the complete list of the best hotels and spa resorts at the Dead Sea, Jordan.
Go on and enjoy your Dead Sea experience and stay in one of the best resorts in the Dead Sea, Jordan.
Have you been? I would love to hear about your experience in the comment form.
Practical Information about hotels and resorts in Jordan, Dead Sea
How to get to the Dead Sea:
They say that’s where Moses saw the Promised Land for the first time. The views are truly gorgeous and there are several religious sites such as Moses’ spring that can be visited.
Jordan is small so I really recommend renting a car in order to make the most out of your journey. – Discover here the best prices for car rental in Jordan.
When to visit the Dead Sea:
The best time to visit the Dead Sea, Jordan is around February and November because it gets really hot from May to October and quite cold around December and January.
Weekends are usually quite busy, especially on public beaches.
Amman to the Dead Sea distance:
55 km, 1-hour drive from Amman
The Dead Sea to Petra distance:
197 km, 3 hours drive
Aqaba to the Dead Sea distance:
273 km, 3 hours drive from Aqaba
Top Reasons to Visit the Dead Sea, Jordan
- The Dying Dead Sea: The Dead Sea is slowly dying. With the climate getting warmer, thus accelerating evaporation, with longer dry seasons and the sweet river inflows being limited, the size of the Dead Sea is decreasing every year by a whopping 10 cm.
- The lowest point on earth: The Dead Sea surface is more than 1300 feet lower below the sea level. This is the reason why the Dead Sea is known as the lowest point on Earth.
- Health Benefits: Doctors also refer people suffering from respiratory issues, chronic skin problems, joint pain and problems like arthritis, acne, and much more to visit the Dead Sea to take a dip into the sea. Indeed the healing power of the Dead Sea is evidenced since biblical times when even Egyptian kings traveled to the Dead Sea.
- Second Saltiest Lake on Earth: The Dead Sea is 8 times saltier than any other ocean water. You don’t even need to try hard to stay afloat. Just let your body be and see it floating effortlessly.
- Absolute Silence: You will not see any animals or plants living in the Dead Sea. It’s just you and the Dead Sea. There will be no jumping dolphins, no swimming fish, nor any seaweed.
- Take a Beneficial Mud Bath: Have you seen some images of people in the Dead Sea slathered in the mud? Well, there’s a reason why people do that. The mud of the Dead Sea is hugely beneficial for your body and it comes directly from the seabed. It is high in calcium, potassium, sodium, and magnesium. It’s one of the best things to do in Jordan. If you come here, wrap yourself in the mud for at least 15 minutes.
- This place is surrounded by a handful of Islamic pilgrimage and biblical sites that are worth to be visited too.
- It has a salt concentration of around 35 %, which is 10 times more than normal ocean water. That’s quite a huge number! The Dead Sea has the second saltiest water body in the entire world.
Before You Go: Top Tips for your Trip
- You’ll snap tons of photos and I love to take my GoPro in order to shoot even in extreme situations.
- Make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes and hiking sandals when traveling to warm countries. Consider trying some of these eco-friendly vegan hiking boots.
- Sunscreen is key! I always take with me my eco-friendly sunscreen by Thinksport.
- I always carry a light rain jacket, just in case. Pack smart with these organic cotton clothing companies.
- Be environmentally friendly and get one of these awesome backpacks made from recycled materials.
- Get in the mindset with these amazing wilderness survival books.
- Travel insurance is essential! If you haven’t already obtained travel insurance for your trip, travel is protected against all odds with HeyMondo.
To make the most of your Jordan trip, I recommend Lonely Planet Jordan
Read more about Jordan
- The Ultimate Jordan Itinerary: 10 Days Visit
- Where to stay in Jordan
- 15 Cool Things To Do in Amman, Jordan
- 8 Great Things To Do in Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp
- 10 Fabulous Things To Do in Dead Sea, Jordan and Surroundings
- Lovely Things To Do in Aqaba, Jordan
- 20 Photos That Will Make You Want To Visit Jordan
Hola! I am Paulina, a fervent travelette who crossed the Atlantic Ocean by Boat HitchHiking. On my blog, you’ll find all the tips to make the most of your holiday. Get ready to enjoy outdoor and sustainable travel like hiking, cycling or sailing. Let’s hit the road together!