Are you planning a trip to France? If so, you’re probably interested in learning about your options for mobile connectivity while traveling.
One convenient option is eSIM technology – but since there are dozens of options out there, it can be hard to know which one is right for you.
In this blog post, I’ll break down the best eSIM for France so that you can stay connected without complications when traveling abroad.
So pack your bags and read on; soon enough, you’ll have all of the information necessary to make an informed decision about your trip’s perfect mobile solution!
Holiday eSim offers excellent value for money on all eSIM for France plans and has a stellar customer service team who are always available to help.
If you’re eager to learn more about what the company offers and how you should choose an eSIM for France, read on!
Thanks to affiliate links, I pay my bills. If you make a purchase through them, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions are always mine. Merci!
II. Criteria for choosing the best eSIM
When I choose an eSim for my trip to France requires some considerations. I’ve broken down each of the factors that you should think about before buying an eSIM for France.
Check prices for an eSIM in France here
Your eSim will be of little or no use to you if it doesn’t have good network coverage. If you choose a provider like Holiday eSim that offers high-quality and amazing France eSim plans, you won’t have to worry.
The reliability of their network will allow you to connect your eSim immediately and communicate with anyone overseas.
Before I buy an eSim, I always make sure that it has positive customer testimonials about coverage so you are always assured of connectivity.
Pricing and plans
The next factor to consider when choosing an eSim France plan is the price.
I always strive to get the best deals in order to save money, and you’ll be glad to know that Holiday eSim offers similar plans to what you have at home.
You can browse Holiday eSims’ affordable deals by heading to their website where you will find options for data-only sim France plans and many more options.
Compatibility with devices
Before I sign up for an eSIM, I check an eSim’s compatibility with my device before you purchase one. Although this might seem obvious, many people fail to do so.
If you’re unsure, it’s always worth checking before buying an eSim for France, since most Android and iPhones are compatible.
Holiday eSim makes this simple to do with a full list of compatible devices for eSim France options over on their website.
Customer service and support
Finally, but not least, it’s important to consider the level of support the customer service team provides when buying an eSIM for France. Again, this is where Holiday eSim surpasses my expectations.
They have a communicative, friendly team of customer service assistants that will guide you through any issues you may encounter whilst using your eSim abroad in France.
2. How do you choose the best eSIM for France?
Choosing the best eSim France options requires a little bit of research. Luckily, we’ve done the majority for you so that you don’t have to do the work!
eSim France travel plans vary and there are many options depending on your personal needs. If you require your phone for work purposes, there are specific plans that are most suitable, such as those that offer high amounts of data for use in France, for example.
I suggest that you write down your personal criteria for an eSim as this will help you to gain clarity on which deal is best for you.
It is also worth taking advantage of the guidance available to you; the Holiday eSims customer service team can aid you in your decision by pointing you in the best direction.
Here are some questions to consider when choosing an eSim that is suitable for you:
- Realistically, how much data will I require during my holiday to France?
- Will I be making calls to numbers outside of France?
- Do I need texts or can I use online messaging platforms whilst traveling?
- Does my hotel provide a good WiFi connection?
- Will I be staying remotely or in an urban area?
Once you have answered the above questions, you will have a clearer idea of what matters to you when choosing an eSim.
You’ll then be able to browse the multiple options available to you, for example, eSim for Europe with unlimited data plans.
3. What are the benefits of using an eSIM in France?
There are many different benefits of using eSIMs in France, with the most obvious one being the level of connectivity you’ll experience.
It can be frustrating when you’re abroad and find it impossible to find a good WiFi connection.
With an eSIM for France, you won’t have to worry about making calls to native numbers or connecting online. In addition to connectivity, we’ve included some of the other benefits of using an eSim France plan:
- eSims are super simple to activate – there’s no difficulty involved; all you need to do is scan the QR code given to you by your provider to benefit from the instant connection!
- You can change providers with ease – eSims provide so much flexibility when it comes to the provider you are using, which is another great feature.
- Esims are affordable – eSims offer great value for money when compared to roaming normally using your mobile plan abroad. You can find great plans that provide plenty of data, texts, and minutes for a low price.
- You can use multiple telephone numbers – if you’re concerned about giving up your telephone number for eSim France use, don’t worry! You can keep your normal number whilst using an eSim with no disruption at all.
- There are many different plan options – after you’ve decided on the type of plan that suits your needs best, you’ll find there are many other options! You’ll never be tied to a single plan and can find the most suitable one based on what’s important to you.
- eSims can be set up before you arrive in France – if you know that you’re going to be busy as soon as you arrive in France, the last thing you want is to set up your eSim plan. Despite it only taking a few minutes to do, it can be done in your home country before you travel.
4. How to set up your eSIM in France
Setting up your eSIM in France is very straightforward, as we’ve already mentioned. As an eSim is an embedded sim card, there’s no manual setting up to be done.
In fact, you can even set up your eSim France plan before you arrive in the country, which means there’s one less thing to tick off on that to-do list!
Since you won’t require a physical sim to start enjoying your eSim for France, all you need to do is activate it via the QR code provided. When you buy your eSim from Holiday eSim, this will be provided to you right away.
Once you have received it, simply scan the eSim QR code using your mobile phone, and it’ll be ready for use. It’s really that easy.
Alternatively, you can also wait until you get to France to set up your eSim.
Especially when you’re visiting France on a day trip from Luxembourg and you can’t find a WiFi connection or you have to make an important call, it only takes a few minutes to connect your eSim from France! So I recommend doing this upfront.
Here are some of the packages you can choose for your requirement:
- Global eSIM 6GB Plan Valid for 15 days
- Get 6GB High-speed 5G Data
- Strong and reliable network overage in 120 countries
- Includes Thai number
- Instant installation
- Valid for 15 days
- Truly unlimited plan (reduced speed after data cap)
UKTD eSIM FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
- 20GB of 4G data
- 120 minutes international calling credit
- 1,000 international SMS
- Unlimited calls in Europe
- Unlimited SMS in Europe
- 8GB of 4G data
- 30 minutes international calling credit
- 200 international SMS
- Unlimited calls in Europe
- Unlimited SMS in Europe
5. FAQs about eSIMs
Do you still have some questions about using an eSim in France?
I’ve got you covered. Check out my FAQs section below specifically about eSIMs:
Can I buy an eSIM in France?
Though it is possible to buy one once you are there, I recommend buying and setting up your eSim in advance of your holiday!
How much is eSIM in France?
eSim for France options vary in price. Whether you wish to spend as little as possible or need lots of data, you’ll find a plan that meets your needs.
You can expect to pay anywhere between £10-£30 for a suitable eSim France plan. To get more of an idea of how much eSim France plans are, check out the information available on Holiday eSim.
How do I activate eSIM in France?
You can activate your eSim France plan before you even reach the country. All that you need to do is scan the QR code provided and your phone will be ready for use right away.
What is the best provider for eSim in France?
There are a number of eSim providers in France, but our favorite and top provider is Holiday eSim. For convenience, value for money, and excellent customer service, you can depend on the company to fulfill all of your eSim France needs.
Hola! I am Paulina, a fervent travelette who crossed the Atlantic Ocean by Boat HitchHiking. On my blog, you’ll find all the tips to make the most of your holiday. Get ready to enjoy outdoor and sustainable travel like hiking, cycling or sailing. Let’s hit the road together!