Lovely European Honeymoon Ideas
Finally, your “Yes, I do” moment has arrived. You are already excited about your wedding day, searching for the best lace mermaid wedding dress online, and on top of it, you are thinking about some superb European honeymoon ideas as well.
So much to do and so little time you have in your hands. However, if you are thinking about honeymoon destinations in Europe, then I have got you covered. Concentrate on your wedding and get the best European honeymoon ideas from this article.
After having browsed one wedding gowns online store after another, prepared your wedding and celebrated until early hours in the morning, it’s finally time to head to your honeymoon.
Europe is famous for its romantic settings and that’s why these European honeymoon ideas are simply the best for the newlyweds. I’ll share all my knowledge about these places. From how to spend your honeymoon, to why they are the best honeymoon destinations, including the best things to do.
1. Winter Honeymoon in Tenerife, Spain
Tenerife, which is a mixture of both Spain and Africa, is simply the best honeymoon place in Europe. This beautiful Spanish island is situated in the Atlantic Ocean. The main reason why you should consider Tenerife, Spain as your destination wedding is because it gives you a panoramic 400 kilometers postcard view which will take your breath away.
What’s more? You have the majestic El Teide volcano as a backdrop, which is the highest peak in Spain.
This beautiful island is blessed with sunshine throughout 365 days. Even during winters, you will get to enjoy the sun all over you. The weather in the winter is pleasant so that you get to go sightseeing without worrying about wearing overcoats and blazers.
You will get to enjoy a lot of fruits because this island enjoys a wide variety of fruits and different cuisines. The most typical food available in Tenerife is local wine, bananas, cheese, honey, potatoes, mojo, gofio, papayas, and different other fruits.
You can also try out their Bienmesable and Almogrote dishes which are prepared by using lots of spices and herbs. And don’t forget to try out their favorite local Barraquito. It is a coffee drink mixed with liquor, so perfect for a sunny outing.
Things to do in Tenerife during your honeymoon
There’s a lot to do and see in Tenerife. Here are some places that you can include in your Tenerife honeymoon itinerary:
- Teide National Park: The Teide National Park is scattered in 48 kilometers in circumference. During winters, the park becomes a sports playground where adventure enthusiast get to try different sports. You can go to the now extinct volcano, either by taking a cable car or on foot, and you can reach the summit. Go to the peak to get the mesmerizing view of Gran Canaria, La Gomera, La Palma, and EI Hierro.
- Loro Parque: It is a Spanish zoo and houses the most extensive parrot collection in the entire world! Just the perfect reason for you to visit Loro Parque.
2. Relaxation Honeymoon in Santorini, Greece
Santorini, Greece is home to the blue-domed churches, an unpredictable coastline, and whitewashed villages. Santorini thus became one of the favorite honeymoon destinations for many couples.
Although the place is small, it offers lots of opportunities for honeymooners to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Once you are here, you have to try their different cuisines, which don’t only look good but are overloaded with flavors that you won’t be able to resist. The dishes that you shouldn’t miss are fava me koukia, tomato gefthedes, sanganaki, greek salad, and kefta or koftas. Accompany your meal with the delicious Greek wine.
Things to do in Santorini, Greece during your honeymoon:
- Watching the sunset: Sunsets are simply the best for couples. Go to Oia and watch the sunset. This quintessential experience will create a natural romantic ambiance for you and your wife or husband.
- A romantic catamaran cruise: Sail around Santorini on a romantic catamaran cruise with your beloved. You can either go for a hot spring or a dinner cruise.
3. Adventurous Honeymoon in Southern Spain
If you are planning to go to Southern Spain for your honeymoon, Andalusia is definitely the right choice for you. Andalusia has the most diverse landscapes. Its very own mountain chain and the Mediterranean coastline create the perfect atmosphere for honeymoon couples. Southern Spain offers a lot of cuisines, rich history, and multicultural architecture.
Once you arrive in Southern Spain, don’t forget to try out Paella, which is by far the most famous dish in Spain, and Jamon Iberico, which can be easily found in all the local tapas bars, as well as shops. Other dishes to try are gazpacho, tortilla española, patatas bravas, pisto, sangría, and chorizo.
Things to do in Southern Spain during your honeymoon
- Doñana National Park: Visit the Doñana National Park to enjoy the river delta where the Mediterranean Sea and the Guadalquivir meet. This ecological paradise is home for many refuge wildlife species.
- Marbella: Marbella was once famous for fishermen. Come here to enjoy some of the cosmopolitan beach resorts and to enjoy the clean blue water. Read more about where to stay in Marbella.
4. All-inclusive Honeymoon in Italy
Italy is probably the most romantic country in the world! Come to Italy and enjoy its culture, food, history, wine, beaches, lakes, ancient ruins, and mountains. Every part of Italy is unique in its beautiful way.
Since you are in Italy, how can anyone imagine not to try their pizzas! Pizzas are filling, affordable, easy to eat, and delicious. However, Italy is famous for many other dishes as well, for instance, you can try their bottarga, lasagna, Fiorentina steak, ribollita, polenta, Osso Buco, risotto, carbonara, and truffles to name only a few.
Things to do in Italy during your honeymoon
- Visit the Roman ruins: Rome, once the capital of the Roman Empire, is blessed with architectural marvels. Visit the Colosseum, the Forum, and the Pantheon in Rome.
- Hike the Cinque Terre: If you love nature and would love to experience the picturesque villages of Italy, then go for a hike to the Cinque Terre.